Michigan Buick Dealers See Five-Star Safety Rating on Enclave; SUV also Named IIHS 2013 Top Safety Pick
DETROIT – Michigan Buick dealers may be proud to have heard the good news about the new titles that have been given to the 2013 Buick Enclave. Not only has the Enclave been named a 2013 Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), but it has also been given a Five-Star Safety Rating as part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) New Car Assessment Program.
In 2011, the NHTSA began testing models with more strict guidelines than before. There were higher and more rigorous requirements. The change was specifically for its Five-Star safety rating program as it offers much more information about the safety performance as well as crash-avoidance technologies.
“Safety is a key consideration for all car buyers, and particularly when it comes to family-oriented luxury vehicles,” said Gay Kent, GM general director of Vehicle Safety and Crashworthiness. “The Enclave is designed to provide excellent crash safety, and goes one step further by offering a front center air bag – an industry first in crash protection.”
One of the more important safety features includes the front center air bag that is “an inflatable restraint designed to help protect drivers and front passengers in far-side impact crashes where the affected occupant is on the opposite, non-struck side of the vehicle,” according to General Motors.
Other Enclave safety features that the Michigan Buick dealers may want to share include:
- Available Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert systems
- Standard head curtain side air bags with rollover protection
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover mitigation technology
- Standard rearview camera system Standard four-wheel-disc brake system with ABS
- Safety belt pretensioners reduce forward movement
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Strong body structure to absorb crash energy
- Standard hill start assist brakes
- Standard OnStar
For more information about the automotive industry or more information on local Michigan Buick dealers, visit http://www.miautotimes.com.
MI Auto Times covers all Michigan automotive news all the time, featuring newly released vehicle recall information, relevant Michigan automaker news, vehicle ratings and comparisons, and everything else auto-related Michigan and world readers need to know.